Sulawesi, formerly known as Celebes, is an Indonesian island east of Borneo. Toraja is the name of the group that cultivates and harvests coffee here.
Coffee is a family business on this island. Many families grow coffee on their property to give their household a certain income, which is often not a priority. Therefore, the coffee infrastructure is not very strong.
This may be the reason that these beans are not very common.
Coffee beans are partially processed by the family before being sold to a middleman on the local markets. These middlemen then go to the larger processing plants where the beans are completely dried and the work is finished.
The best coffees from Sulawesi are very sweet and complex with low acidity, full body and earthy and herbal notes. This coffee becomes a great mid-dark roast that emphasizes the sweetness and fullness of the coffee.
Prepare a French press or take a shot with this solid, unique coffee.
- Brand: Volcanica Coffee
- Beans: Arabica
- Origin: Sulawesi, Indonesia
- Type: Single origin
- Tasting notes: Very sweet and complex, with a low acidity, full body and some earthy and herbal notes
- Aroma: Spicy, earthy, musty and woodsy
- Recommended brew style: French Press and Espresso
- 100% Pure Toraja Sulawesi Coffee White Eagle that has a smooth flavor, a sweet aftertaste with a balanced acidity.
- Sustainably source, Fair Trade and Rainforest Alliance Certified to protect the farmers, wildlife and the environment.
- Medium roasted whole beans allowing the true flavor characteristic to come through for a remarkable taste.
- Fresh roasted then immediately packed and sealed to assure freshness.
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed