This coffee is named after the Mandailing people who once bred coffee in northern Sumatra.
Coffees from this area tend to have a lower acidity with a sweet, smooth body. The coffee can vary in the taste of cocoa and tobacco to earthy and herbal taste. Many people choose dark roasted Sumatran coffees to enhance the sweetness and almost spicy taste.
Sumatra coffees are usually processed using a hybrid method, similar to a wet coating. This processing method is possibly the biggest influence on the result of the coffee.
These coffee beans are different, there is no doubt about that. The fact is that some people swear by it and some people do not touch it. It’s one of the big controversies in coffee.
Due to its full body and its low acidity, this coffee is very well suited in a French Press or Druckbrühmethode.
- Brand: Volcanica Coffee
- Beans: Arabica
- Origin: Sumatra, Indonesia
- Type: Single origin
- Tasting notes: lower acidity with a sweet, smooth body
- Aroma: earthy, mossy, funky and mushroomy
- Recommended brew style: French Press and pressure brewing
- Sumatra Coffee is known for its smooth chocolate flavor with earthy undertones.
- Among the world’s finest coffees displaying rich flavor, extraordinary full body and distinctively vibrant, low-key acidity.
- Fair Trade Certified, Rain Forest Alliance and Certified Shade Grown.
- Medium roasted whole beans allowing the true flavor characteristic to come through for a remarkable taste.
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed