The Kicking Horse Company is one of the companies offering some of the best products on the market, no matter what taste they have.
Nevertheless, this product is special – because it is caffeine-free. Those of you who love coffee want to “avoid” caffeine. Maybe you do not want to miss this test.
For decaffeination, Kicking Horse relies on Swiss Water, one of the most reliable sources of coffee decaffeination.
The introduction of “Green Coffee Extract” (GCE), most likely from green coffee beans, gradually removes caffeine, and eventually, when equilibrium is reached, the removal of caffeine from coffee to green coffee extract is considered accepted completely decaffeinated.
The caffeine of coffee beans is separated by the green coffee extract and then refreshed for further use.
After caffeine extraction, it is continuously monitored for ten hours to determine the “height, temperature and time” of caffeine in each batch.
This product is a dark roast originating from Central and South America.
Unlike Starbucks, “decaf of kicking horse” does not give a coarse taste.
It contains – a (deep chocolaty and nutty) aroma. The flavors then include roasted hazelnuts with a chocolate-like body, which gives a long-lasting finish even after the drink.
The quality and texture of Kicking Horse Decaf Coffee is that no matter which one you prepare, Espresso, Latte or Mocha, it has a heavenly taste.
Another special feature of this product is that it is 100% organic and is organically harvested and roasted in Canada.
However, using oily beans can cause inconvenience if you use – an automatic cashier with mill – as the beans can get stuck at the corners of the mill. A “grinding by hand” does not cause problems.
- DARK ROAST, WHOLE BEAN: Swiss Water Process. Decaffeinated coffee should be exactly like every other one of our blends: deep, dark and delicious. Tip-top taste with a mellow finish.
- TASTING NOTES, BREW METHOD: Roasted hazelnuts, chocolaty balanced body and a long lasting finish. Recommended methods: French press, drip machine, pour over, espresso and cold brew.
- ORIGIN CENTRAL & SOUTH AMERICA: Grown in a socially and environmentally responsible way, by farmers with sustainable businesses they can depend on.
- ORGANIC, FAIRTRADE, KOSHER, SHADE GROWN, ARABICA COFFEE: Coffee that is good and fair for the coffee drinkers, the farmers and the planet. 100% Certified.
- ROASTED IN THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS: It’s all deep, dark and delicious, roasted right below the towering Canadian Rocky Mountain peaks.
- It is 100% organic.
- It is decaffeinated through ‘Green Coffee Extract’ by Swiss Water.
- Extremely bold and dark in taste – because of (over roasted or burnt and sour taste).
- Not preferred for ‘light roast’ or ‘medium dark roast’ drinkers.
- It doesn’t contain a roast date.