Geisha coffee beans are among the most unique in the world.
Although theoretically they can grow anywhere, they have a special reputation in Panama and Costa Rica. The most famous farm is Hacienda La Esmeralda.
The geisha bean was originally discovered in Ethiopia near the town of Geisha. It was not until the 1960s that this type of bean arrived in Panama.
What makes the geisha bean so unique? It has a natural tea-like body with a ton of clear, radiant aromas such as citrus, mango, peach and jasmine. You can also pick up some bergamot or vanilla notes.
This is a difficult coffee for a variety of reasons. Few cafés serve it because it is an extremely expensive coffee and it is best served as filter coffee. Cafes serve mainly milk drinks, so it is not useful for many to serve a coffee that can only be drunk black.
You probably have never had a coffee like this before. It is really unique. If you enjoy lighter, lighter coffees, you must try them.
- Brand: Volcanica Coffee
- Beans: Arabica
- Origin: Central America
- Type: Single origin
- Tasting notes: Natural tea-like body, sparkling flavors like citrus, mango, peach and jasmine
- Aroma: Floral and lemony tones
- Recommended brew style: Pour Over and Filter
- 100% Pure Costa Rica Tarrazu Coffee Beans for a smooth, bright cup, well balanced flavor with a subtle chocolate flavor.
- Grown at high altitudes on volcanic soil, where the cherries ripen more slowly which give it a rich and hearty flavor. Fair Trade Certified, Rain Forest Alliance Certified and Shade Grown to care for the workers and the earth.
- Medium roasted whole beans allowing the true flavor characteristic to come through for a remarkable taste.
- Fresh roasted then immediately packed and sealed to assure freshness
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed