A peaberry is a single, round coffee bean in the coffee cherry. A normal coffee cherry contains 2 beans side by side, each with a flat side. The peaberry is alone in the cherry and shaped differently.
Due to the round shape and the fact that these beans are denser than most coffee beans, they roast more evenly. Only about 5% of all coffee beans are peas. To obtain a large amount of strawberry beans, strict manual sorting is required to distinguish them from their half beans. This extra work increases the cost.
Tanzania’s peaberry coffee beans tend to have a lighter acidity, a medium-bodied body and notes of brown sugar and delicate fruitiness.
- Brand: Volcanica Coffee
- Beans: Arabica
- Origin: Tanzania
- Type: Single origin
- Tasting notes: A brighter acidity, medium body and notes of brown sugar and subtle fruitiness
- Aroma: Complex and sweety floral with layered notes of citrus, pineapple or coconut
- Recommended brew style: Drip and Pour Over
- 100% Pure Tanzanian Peaberry Coffee from the slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro that is wonderfully acidic, has a rich body, an intense flavor and a fragrant aroma coupled with mellow winy overtones.
- Medium roasted whole beans allowing the true flavor characteristic to come through for a remarkable taste.
- Fresh roasted then immediately packed and sealed to assure freshness
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed