Kona is Hawaii’s largest island and is best for growing high quality coffee. The best American coffee, chosen by Forbes,
With an excellent microclimate, the perfect mix of rain and sun and fertile volcanic soil, the slopes on the big island are perfect for growing coffee. Read more about Hawaiian coffee beans here.
To get high-quality Kona coffee in your hands, you have to pay a premium. Coffee is not only limited in production and much in demand, but is grown in the United States, where farmers pay much more than the average farmer in a traditional coffee-growing country.
A high-quality Kona coffee is worth the money as long as you buy the real one. Never buy a mix as only 10% of the mix will be Kona. Always buy extra fancy (the grade) as this is the highest quality. With a medium body, low acidity and rich, smooth taste, this coffee is an excellent addition to your automatic drip or pour program.
Koa Coffee is our favorite place to buy authentic, high-quality coffee beans.
- Brand: Koa Coffee
- Beans: Arabica
- Origin: Hawaii, USA
- Type: Single origin
- Tasting notes: Sweet herbs and floral, with overtones of nuts
- Aroma: Mild, smooth with vibrant acidity
- Recommended brew styles: Drip and French Press
- All natural, hand-picked, sun-dried and farm-roasted by our master roasters, as it has been done for generations
- Our medium roast is chestnut brown in color, producing a delicate and mild coffee. Also known as a full city roast
- Founded by a 3rd generation coffee family and featured on the Food & Wine Radio Network and KGO Radio
- Winner-Hawaii Governors Export Award and Winner-New & Innovative Product Award at the world’s largest food exhibition in Paris
- For just 15 cents more per cup than all the mass market brands that use imported coffee, you can buy local, U.S. grown 100% Hawaiian Kona Coffee and support the only coffee farmers in the U.S.